COVID-19 UPDATE – Now Open!
My wife Joy and I feel it’s important to safeguard our patients and staff which is why we are making some changes in the office to how we do things.
We have been diligently preparing new protocols and are looking forward to resuming ‘normal’ operations.
We have taken protective measures as outlined by the American Optometric Association (AOA), California Optometric Association (COA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure that our patients and staff remain healthy as we continue serving our community.
Here’s what we’re doing to safeguard you and our patients:
- All patients will have temperatures taken, will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash hands with soap and water, and be required to wear a surgical face mask.
- We will be reducing the number of patients in our office to allow adequate physical distancing. It is important to keep your appointment. Missed or late appointments will not be able to be rescheduled for 3 weeks.
- Only 3 patients will be allowed into the office at one time and the door will be locked.
- We will have breath shields up throughout the office to limit potential viral spread.
- Drop-in appointments will not be available during this time. Repairs, adjustments and pick ups will need to be scheduled.
- Each room will be thoroughly sterilized, and protective coverings established to help prevent potential patient cross-contaminations.
What if I need to look at glasses?
- If you require eyewear assistance, you are now able to browse our virtual catalogue prior to our visit and let us know what styles appeal to you and our opticians will have a private collection for you to choose from.
- We will pre-clean and sanitize the frames prior to your visit. You can choose up to 6 styles and our opticians will help fit you with the best styles. (subject to in stock availability).
- All patients should do digital retinal imaging and we will dilate if medically indicated. ($59 fee, however some insurance cover some or all of this fee)
Our highest priority is the safety or our patients. We appreciate you and the trust you have placed in our doctors and staff. Please note that these are the changes that we have instituted to help keep you safe. Your cooperation is vital in making sure that everyone is protected.
We all have loved ones that may be vulnerable. Many of us have known personal tragedies due to this pandemic and ask all to be respectful of the health of others. For the safety of all, we will turn away any patients refusing to comply with these changes. While we are in the business of service, at these crucial times, safety and health supersedes convenience.
Wishing you the best of health,
Dr. John & Dr. Joy Michelsen, Dr. Jang and Dr. Connie Husserl
Danessa, Deseree, Jovanna, Kerrit, Samie, and Tina
AccuVision Eyecare Optometry – Livermore location
Call or Text: (925) 449-8188